A lot’s changed in my life in 4 years.
For example, professionally,
- My first senior pastor retired.
- Our second senior pastor went to another state.
- I’ve gone through 2 interim periods without a senior pastor.
- My church made me Associate Pastor.
- One of my friends became a leader in our church and has since gone on to pastor another church.
- Another of my friends has been promoted to full time staff.
- I’ve been taking more speaking engagements, speaking for Disciple Nows, weekend retreats, and revivals. (For booking info, click here)
- We had another baby! His name is Grayson. Check him out on my Instagram.
- My mother-in-law passed away.
- We’ve moved to another area a little farther from our church.
- I’ve begun listening to podcasts voraciously.
- Our daughter has attended a different school each year for the past three years (no, she’s not a troublemaker, yet).
- I went on my first international mission trip!
And it got me to thinking,
You don’t realize the distance you’ve gone until you stop and take a look back.
So, where have the past 4 years taken you?
Make a list. Then share it with a friend or a loved one.
In fact, go on and make that list and share it along with this article. I bet you’ll be amazed where you and your friends have been in 4 years.